Joining & Rates
The Oregon State Flying Club is a nonprofit organization committed to providing safe, and inexpensive flying to the Oregon State University (OSU) and Linn-Benton Community College (LBCC) communities.
Eligibility Requirements for OSFC, Inc.
- Students of OSU & LBCC that are currently taking a minimum of 6 credit hours; or have completed 3 credits within the past year, and are currently enrolled in at least 3 credit hours; or if joining during the summer, was enrolled in the most recent Spring term for a minimum of 6 credit hours;
- Alumni of OSU & LBCC (completion of at least 36 credits hours);
- Current staff, faculty and retired employees of OSU & LBCC;
- Family of the aforementioned (spouse, domestic partner, parent, sibling, or child);
- Employees of laboratories or agencies officially associated with and based on the OSU campus;
- Former members in good standing.
How to Join
To join, schedule a time to meet with board member Jerry Anderson to go over how the Club works, Club rules and to complete the necessary paperwork.
What to bring to the meeting:
- Membership Application Form
- Proof-of-eligibility (class schedule, transcripts, staff ID, etc.)
- Drivers License
- Check for joining costs (outlined below)
- FAA Certificates & Medical (if you are a current pilot)
- 1976 Cessna 172M, 4 seat - instrument equipped
- 1997 Cessna 172R Turbo Diesel, 4 seat - instrument equipped
- 2005 Cessna 172SP, 4 seat - instrument equipped with G1000 glass panel
Club Aircraft Hourly (Hobbs) Rates (wet: including fuel)
- Cessna 172M: $105/hr
- Cessna 172R: $120/hr
- Cessna 172SP: $135/hr
Joining Costs: $289 total ($239 for OSU & LBCC students)
- $150 refundable deposit
- $100 initiation fee ($50 for OSU & LBCC students)
- $39 for first month's dues
Monthly Membership Dues
As a member there are monthly membership dues of $39 that cover fixed costs like insurance. If you do not plan on flying for a three month period or more during membership, this can be reduced to $17 per month by becoming an inactive member.
Flight Instruction, Fuel & Maintenance
As a member you can receive instruction in OSFC aircraft from one of the Club's approved flight instructors. The Club contracts its maintenance & fuel service through Corvallis Aero Service at the Corvallis Airport.